SXSW is around the corner thus meaning tons of rumors flying around, RVSPs starting to pop up and most importantly finding out what bands are playing. Similar to last year, I will be posting about shows that I think you should check out. I will also include whether or not they are 21+, free, etc.
Here are some tips:
- Plan out and know ahead of time what shows you want to go to (Also remember things can change)
For example: Almost saw The Kills but it was too packed. Found out about Sleigh Bells down the street and was able to catch them (It was a fantastic show btw)
- Carry around a backpack or something to hold belongings, carry snacks, etc. There is always free merch being given out.
- Have cash on you just in case
- I recommend getting a bus pass or riding a bake in order get around
- Charge your phone when you get a chance or get one of these. Trust me, if you’re out all day, your phone will die.
Finally, constantly check twitter for the latest news.
I recommend following the bands you want to see and these: